The end of a shed

Not content with building one shed on the allotment this year, I’ve just finished another. The old shed that was on the plot when we took it over was, though originally well-built, falling apart and leaking badly.  I patched it over the first winter, but now we decided it had to go.  Apart from being unsightly, and blocking the late afternoon sun from the patio in front of the new shed, it was just clearly beyond repair.

So over the last couple of months, I’ve been adapting a used 4 foot by 4 foot shed that we were given in return for a small contribution to allotment committee funds.  I extended it to make a 7 foot by 4 foot shed – a little on the small side, but  it should do.  That shed is ready now, further up the plot, so this Saturday Joe and I set about the old one’s destruction.  The day was sunny and dry, so we decided to burn the old timbers while the wood was dry.

The old shed: done its duty
Leaking and falling apart…ready to go
Joe wields the sledgehammer
Demolished
Getting the bonfire going
It’s soon burning well
A shed once stood here…
And this is the new shed

 

A tidy start with a pegboard
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s